Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Soil and organizing

We got the results back from our soil sample. We've seen some weeds that love soil low in nitrogen, so we weren't surprised when we saw next to no nitrogen on the results. Phosphorous needs to be added as well. It's good to know all this, especially now that we must get our first seeds out into the garden.

Already planted: broccoli seedling, two types of lettuce, and spinach. Sometime this week I need to plant the onions and celery. It's been such a mild winter that I'm thinking of planting some sunflowers next week instead of waiting for the average last frost date to pass by. We'll see.

I also plan on getting some containers going for ginger and peppermint. Not sure if I want to do the same with the comfrey.

Anyway, since I'm also focusing on organizing this spring, I thought I'd pass along this link regarding habits and organization. Enjoy.

No comments: