Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Day of Rest

Today, I plan on doing some writing and reading some of my more spiritual books. I really wish I had a copy of Made From Scratch on hand. It's by Jean Zimmerman and it's a look at what homemaking has meant over the centuries, from vital half of the domestic life (even spiritual in some cultures) to redefined roles in the Industrial age (carrying over to the Fifties Housewife), to the present yearning for fading arts. It really helped me answer my first questions about the spiritual side I've always felt in homemaking.

Now, I have The Hidden Art of Homemaking by Edith Schaeffer. Good gosh, it's not just about homemaking... it's about adding creativity to all parts of our lives. A fantastic book and I hope to finish it soon.

How are you going to spend your day of rest?

No comments: