Friday, January 23, 2009

Bag Credit?

I have never heard of this, but it makes sense considering the economy and how much stores spend on bags. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if stores started charging people who didn't bring their own bags. I've heard they already do that in some other countries.

Anyway, apparently there are some stores that will give you credit if you bring your own bag. These include, but are not limited to:
  • Target
  • Albertsons
  • Kroger
  • Whole Foods
  • Sprouts
Frugal Hacks: Stores that give credit for bringing your own bags

Update February 11, 2009: I found out that my local Mrs. Baird's thrift store gives a five cent discount for each bag you use. It wasn't clear if it had to be their bags or just a reusable bag in general, but I'm definitely going to find out since I still buy a small amount of bread products each week.

No comments: