Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Training kids to do chores

I really like Kimberly Eddy's e-books, especially Thriving On One Income. One of these days I'm going to review it just so I can allow myself to gush about it in public. When I found out she had a blog, I bookmarked it (I'm old-fashioned) and visit it from time to time. This post really hit home with me, especially now that I've got seven little ones to look after. I didn't do very well with training the older kids to do chores around the house, but at least they can take care of themselves: get dressed, clean their room, make their bed, etc. This post inspired me to expand outward so that they won't be lost when it comes to taking care of a house once they've moved out and so that I won't become exhausted cleaning up after seven people.

At least, I hope the future economy lets them move out. I'd hate for them to feel stuck here.

Anyway... the post: Training Little Helpers Into Big Ones

No comments: