Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

I've almost finished the doll dresses I decided to make for my girls. Just a little hand sewing and they're done. I haven't gotten Mr. Vinca's present yet. Nothing has been wrapped yet. I have stocking stuffers and plan on making wassail tonight for our reading of the Christmas Story. I hope to make some dairy-free fudge as well (another recipe contained in Traci's Transformational Recipe Collection... review coming soon) and some cashew butter cookies. We'll see how this afternoon goes.

However, no matter how little decorations we have up this year, I'm having fun this Christmas. I managed to stay on top of the Advent calendar... which helped tremendously with the "When is Christmas?" demands. Our family has another little member and he's fitting in very well. We've learned a lot about health and priorities this past year and it's showing in everyone's health and good spirits this Christmas. This will probably also be the last Christmas where we focus so much on being home together. Next year is probably going to be full of community events and getting the kids out and around more... especially our little Social Butterflies. So, this is the last year I'll have for a while where things will be relatively quiet.

I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

No comments: