Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

The plan this year is very simple. We're staying at home, we're going to eat a lot of veggies, very little meat (if any) and we're going to relax. I'm due this weekend, so I am not up to my usual "get the turkey in the oven first thing in the morning and work, work, work, until I crash that night" kind of Thanksgiving.

This means I feel more than a little lost. I don't even have a timetable this year and it's already late morning. But we've had sprouted wheat pancakes this morning, so that's good. And I do have a menu planned out so that's also good.

It won't be the best Thanksgiving ever, but it won't be a disaster either.

And now, in honor of the holiday, I'm grateful I have the opportunity to stay home with my children. I'm grateful for women who write wonderful blogs that help motivate me and strengthen me in my efforts to be a good homemaker. I'm grateful for women who write books I can keep on my shelves for times when I'm discouraged and know that if I turn on the computer the last thing I'll be doing is something productive. I am grateful for so much more, but that's a start for today.

No comments: